Wednesday, April 29, 2009

to the curious ones...

Btw heard some mixed feedback about my BV-ing 1st time on stage on Mon, 27th April. I sang "Elevate", "I Will Fly" & "Beautiful Saviour" in both english & chinese.

Two really very critical ones from my own SOT team members. Actually I was more disheartened that they didn't really enjoy the Praise & Worship session on Mon but was busy looking out for every single one of my mistakes. As part of a stage team who is supposed to usher in the presence of God, I felt I failed terribly in getting the people engaged in the P&W. Thus I was subconsciously minusing my value at each negative comment I heard. Thank God..there were more people who told me I did a good job & looked more alive than others (oops) although could see I was abit nervous & stiff but it was commendable that I managed to maintain my composture despite it being my 1st time...haha.. I will do even better the next time round! =)

This is a very nice song we learnt during choir prac tonight. Cry until still can cry somemore. I saw the land around me like a desert but I also saw Him in the picture. Such a significant feeling that He will be close by me even when I don't see Him. Reminds me of the times in my first few years of choir when I would rather walk than take bus back home although I lived near JW church. Only 4 bus stops walking distance. But I purposely walked, just so I could sing along to the song sheet we received that day during choir prac or to the song clip recorded in my hp while enjoying His presence. Then when I felt His presence & anointing fall so strongly, there were many a times I would stop short of entering my house. Just stay at the stairs or the step of my house door to fellowship "face to face" & just linger & linger........

Only when we freely receive, then can we freely give. :) Enjoy.. :)
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=76838878818&h=WnWHV&u=8ha3e&ref=nf

1 comment:

Elvis Chiu said...

hi valerie,

just wanna repeat here wat i told u at SOT: besides the fact that you were a bit nervous on stage (expected), i thought u did a fantastic job for ur very first BV-ing on Monday! really! =)

BV-ing is not as easy as it seems though many pple thought that as long as you have a great voice it would be easy. i'm sure it was a small yet bold step you have taken on Monday, and there's no way that we can ensure no mistakes made during one's first attempt (probably in everything in life!). there's always room for improvement, and i'm sure u'll improve and become better along the way.

u have a great voice, and u have a heart that desires to seek more of the Holy Spirit and to lead pple deep into His presence so that they can touch God the way u do. i'm sure u r of great value to the Lord, so be secure and confident in urself okay? =)

i look forward to see u on stage BV-ing more often at SOT. maybe perhaps u get to song-lead before SOT ends? haha, who knows?! =P

p.s. remember always that ur friend/fellow brother-in-Christ/CG member/SOT classmate/teammate is here to support, encourage and cheer for u. i'm more than willing to encourage and cheer for u more! ask and u shall be given! haha! =D