Today was quite an eventful day. Had dim sum buffet at Peninsular Excelsior Hotel with Aloy, Samuel, Selwyn & Clara. Hermione had cg outing pushed forward & Isaac was sick so last minute both couldn't join us. Well, there's always next time.. BUT maybe a change of place for nicer dim sum. =)
Hmm.. 3 big eaters, 1 medium eater & 1 small eater. Guess who was who. Hahaha. Guess only those who know us well will know. ;) The waiting time was 30mins long so Aloy ordered a 2nd batch of dim sums while waiting for our 1st round of dim sum to arrive. Cut short waiting time mah.. The best I like is the fried shrimp wanton, that's why it's the River City Restaurant's hot dish! Erm, don't know what it was called in chinese, I just ate whatever is nice & safe for my voice. Harkow also very nice but don't eat too much cos' will jelak. :S And my stomach was just nicely satisfied. Don't need to keep eating until you feel like vomiting. It's erm..so unglam! I paid $15++ for alot of dim sum, company & yet to feel great after eating wor. Worth my $$. Hahaha. Aloy, Selwyn & Samuel really tackled the 2 big dishes of fried chicken wings! Aloy said the chicken wings there are very nice. They looked dangerous though..with all the red-hot colours & super-fried batter. So I'd rather steer clear from it for the sake of my voice. And Aloy claimed he can eat one whole plate by himself! Well, next time lets have a chicken wing competition between u and Regina..LOL..Cos I'm NOT Regina.. You can't tempt me easily with chicken wings. =p
Think Selwyn has taken some photos while we were busy eating dim sum. But we haven't got the chance to view them yet. Do send me the pics soon ya? Thanks. :)
After much hesitation, persuasion.. And an active push from me =X.. Selwyn, Clara, Benny (her facebook friend), & I went to watch Ironman @ GV Tiong Bahru cos Aloy watching it with his JC friends.

Sypnosis: Oscar nominee Robert Downey Jr. stars as Tony Stark/Ironman in the story of a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped & forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence & ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. The film also stars Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow and Oscar nominees Terrence Howard and Jeff Bridges and will be directed by Jon Favreau.
At first not very keen in watching Ironman cos' am not a fan of him. Okie, changed my mind after watching. Haha. =p The main cast played their roles well, especially Tony Stark. I definitely raised an eyebrow at the word "Stark". Why does he have the same surname & similar image as Philip Stark, a world renowned & acclaimed designer? Philip Stark is sure making headlines even in a movie. haha. Okies, sorry for a little bit of design fact. Can't help it cos studied Product Design in NYP. θδΈη 。。。heh heh.
My summary review on this movie is it was good. 3 popcorns from me! Similar story plot. Typical hero. But the X-factor is the director has portrayed Stark as a "likable asshole", but also depict an authentic emotional journey once he won over the audience. We are allowed entrance into the character evolution of Stark as he goes from war profiteer to man of action and cause, all while seeing the technology improve and advance before our eyes. Much like Batman, we have a hero here that needs help in fighting crime. He has no superhuman abilities besides his brain and being able to see his thoughts go from paper to reality is a feat of magic. Every stage is shown, every failure and success. It's quite the ride in and of itself, but when you add onto it the threat of global war and destruction, it can only get better. With much action realism & hint-throws of political issues, it appeals to a mature audience. I do like the witty satire, the design & technology bits. I just simply go googoogaga over this kind of things.
Check out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371746/quotes. hee.
Pretty amazed at Stark's tenacity cos' he never gave up even when the great odds of impossibilities were against him. Very driven & flexible in thinking too. The heartening thing is how his true friends came to his rescue when he wanted to give up at some point of time. They believed in his dream.
Yup, even heros are imperfect no matter how talented, charismatic or "special" they are. No man is an island. Yea isn't it true that we ALL need friends to motivate, inspire, encourage & sometimes "slap us to awaken" us in times of trouble/difficulty. :)
Through the movie, I was reminded of the word my choir IC Qiuru gave during choir prac. Indeed we are where we are today cos' someone gave us a chance & believed in us. :) It takes a true junkyard collector with heart to see the true value in a piece of junk. Just like how God sent Jesus to die for our sins because he saw the real value which was "hidden" in us though we couldn't see it ourselves due to sin. Or godly friends that God has sent into our lives who saw us through Jesus' eyes & saw beyond what we could imagine.
So I'm very thankful to Audrey & whoever prayed for me. =) That day had a cough relapse while working. Almost left my medicine in the office! So rushed back to take it. Phew.. Had a close shave with a car while on the way to my tuition kid's house after that. Funny thing is how I could wonder why the buildings in front of me were slanting.. Next thing I knew, I saw funny blurry images & many lights. Could barely drag myself out of danger's way due to a fainting spell which I had not experienced for a long time. Thank God the car managed to swerve away in time. Hmm, was so exhausted that I was not very bothered that I could have died back there. Just continued on my way to my tuition kid's house cos am late around 30mins due to some silly train fault which delayed me while I see 3 trains pass by me, yet my train is not moving! Best thing of all, I gave 30mins extra tuition on top of the 2 hrs. Just felt supernaturally strengthened & very alert. The power of prayers! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment